Subject: RE: IETF Meeting Survey - Last Call

From: "Ed Juskevicius" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:30:34 -0400

Earlier today, Ray suggested that only a small fraction of everyone who
went to Dallas has taken the 10 minutes needed to provide feedback on
the meeting.

I am posting this message to ask "Why so little response?"

Is it because only two hundred people read the IETF discussion list?  If
so, then maybe we have all the response we can expect, and should be
happy with it.

If, on the other hand, we know a thousand people monitor the list, then
I return to "Why so little response?"  
Are we surveyed-out, or did the survey ask too many questions, or what?

For the record, and for transparency, I did the survey last week. Doing
it was relatively painless, and I don't think it took more than 10
minutes.

Regards,

Ed Juskevicius 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Pelletier [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF Meeting Survey - Last Call

All;

More than 1,250 of you attended IETF 65 in Dallas and many others 
attended sessions remotely.  Yet only 155 of you have responded to a 
survey intended to make future meeting experiences more successful.  
There are only 74 days left before IETF 66 in Montreal, only 74 days 
during which there may be the opportunity to effect improvements.  
Again, your participation is anonymous and your candor is most welcome.

You can help by taking this short survey at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=649182049947

At the end of the survey you will be able to see the survey results to
date.

I do appreciate the help.
Thanks

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:07:45 -0400

Well, obviously, those of us that did the survey should be rewarded 
by having the consensus results acted upon ... if people don't like 
the results in Montreal, they'll have more of an incentive to take 
the survey at that time.

More seriously, Ray might get more of a result if he sent the request 
to the list of people that actually attended the Dallas meeting (they 
know who we are, after all) rather than just sending it to the ietf list.

Cheers,
Andy

-----------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:07:39 +0200

> Is it because only two hundred people read the IETF discussion list?  

No, because it was also announced on the ietf-announce list which has
many more subscribers than this one. (Something to do with signal to noies
ratios.)

And btw we deliberately target everybody, and not just meeeting attendees,
because some of the questions address people who weren't there.

     Brian