Subject: Re: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting dates

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:00:18 +0200

Dave Crocker wrote:
> 
>> Also note that local holidays may be city specific not country specific.
>> It's quite impractical to consider city holidays three years out.
> 
> 
> Not if the city is chosen 2-3 years out.

That really isn't likely for a meeting of our size; you need to be
in the 5000+ range for that to make sense. For our size of meeting,
choosing a venue 1-2 years out is about right, in terms of putting
sponsors and space availability together.

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:40:29 -0700

> sponsors and space availability together.

Presumably you mean hosts, not sponsors.  The idea behind moving to a sponsors 
model is to decouple their money from any specific venue.

In which case, they are not a factor in choosing the city and we do not have to 
delay choosing a city, waiting to find a host.

d/
-- 

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
<http://bbiw.net>