Subject: Call for nominations: IRTF ANRP 2020

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 22:50:50 +0100

APPLIED NETWORKING RESEARCH PRIZE (ANRP) 2020

                        https://irtf.org/anrp/

  ********************************************************************
  ***     Submit nominations for the 2020 award period of the      ***
  ***  Applied Networking Research Prize until November 24, 2019!  ***
  ***                                                              ***
  ***    (Please share this announcement with your colleagues.)    ***
  ********************************************************************

  The Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) is awarded for recent
  results in applied networking research that are of potential
  interest to the Internet standards community. Researchers with
  relevant, recent results are encouraged to apply for this prize,
  which will offer them the opportunity to present and discuss their
  work with the engineers, network operators, policy makers, and
  scientists that participate in the Internet Engineering Task Force
  (IETF) and its research arm, the Internet Research Task Force
  (IRTF). Third-party nominations for this prize are also encouraged.
  The goal of the Applied Networking Research Prize is to recognize
  the people behind the best new ideas in networking, and bring them
  to the IETF and IRTF, especially in cases where they would not
  otherwise get much exposure or be able to participate in the
  discussion.

  The Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) consists of:

  • a cash prize of $1000 (USD)
  • an invited talk at the IRTF Open Meeting
  • a travel grant to attend a week-long IETF meeting (airfare,
    hotel, registration, stipend)
  • recognition at the IETF plenary
  • an invitation to related social activities
  • potential for additional travel grants to future IETF meetings,
    based on community feedback

  Applied Networking Research Prize awards are made once per calendar
  year. Each year, several winners will be chosen and invited to
  present their work at one of the three IETF meetings during the
  following year.

# HOW TO NOMINATE

  Nominations are for a single author of an original, peer-reviewed,
  journal, conference or workshop paper that was recently published or
  accepted for publication. The nominee must be one of the main
  authors of the nominated paper. Both self-nominations (nominating
  one’s own paper) and third-party nominations (nominating someone
  else’s paper) are encouraged.

  The nominated paper should provide a scientific foundation for
  possible future engineering work in the IETF, or research and
  experimentation in the IRTF. It should analyze the behavior of
  Internet protocols in operational deployments or realistic testbeds,
  make an important contribution to the understanding of Internet
  scalability, performance, reliability, security or capability, or
  otherwise be of relevance to ongoing or future IETF or IRTF
  activities.

  Nominations must briefly describe how the nominated paper relates to
  these goals. They should describe how involving the nominee in the
  IETF and IRTF process, and bringing them to an IETF meeting, would
  help to foster the transition of the results and/or ideas into new
  IETF engineering work or IRTF experimentation, or otherwise seed new
  activities that will have an impact on the real-world Internet.

  The goal of the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) is to
  foster the transitioning of research results into real-world
  benefits for the Internet. Therefore, applicants must indicate
  that they (or the nominee, in case of third-party nominations)
  are available to attend (at least one of) the IETF meetings in
  the following year, in person and in its entirety.

  Nominations are submitted via https://irtf.org/anrp/ and must
  include:

  • the name and email address of the nominee;
  • a bibliographic reference to the published (or accepted) nominated
    paper;
  • a PDF copy of the nominated paper;
  • a statement that describes how the nominated paper fulfills the
    goals of the award and how the nominee would engage with the IETF
    and/or IRTF community;
  • a statement about which of the year’s IETF meetings the nominee
    would be available to attend in person and in its entirety;
  • a statement that the nominee accepts that the IRTF Intellectual
    Property Rights disclosure rules will apply to their award talk
    at the IRTF open meeting;
  • a brief biography or CV for the nominee; and
  • optionally, any other supporting information (link to nominee’s
    web site, etc.)

  All nominees will be notified by email about the decision regarding
  their nomination.

  Nominations for the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) are not
  considered to be contributions to the IETF or IRTF. However, the
  invited talks at the IRTF Open Meeting are considered to be
  contributions and the IRTF Intellectual Property Rights disclosure
  rules apply.

# IMPORTANT DATES

  Applications close: November 24, 2019 (hard)
  Notifications:      December 18, 2019

# SPONSORS

  The Applied Networking Research Prize is supported by the Internet
  Society in coordination with the Internet Research Task Force
  (IRTF).  Additional corporate sponsorship is kindly provided by
  Comcast and NBC Universal. If your organization would like to
  support the ANRP, please contact [email-masked].

# HELP PUBLICIZE THE ANRP

  If you would like to help publicize the ANRP, you are welcome to
  print and use the flyer at https://irtf.org/anrp/anrp-2020-flyer.pdf