Subject: BoFs at IETF-109

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:04:08 -0000

Hi,

I'm trying to plan my IETF week and my preparation time. I like to make it
to as many BoFs as I can.

I see from the minutes of the BoF Coordination Call held on 2020-10-09 [1]
that MADINAS and APN were "provisionally approved" for IETF-109, and
indicates a plan for more work to refine the scope of the BoFs. The BoF wiki
[2] shows them both "tentatively approved" and notes them both as "non-WG
forming" meaning, I think, that the intention was to provide a public forum
for investigating the topic and seeing whether there was focus, work to be
done, and support to move the discussion forward.

The front page of the IETF site [4] mentions both BoFs with a pointer to a
blog [5] that says that the "IESG approved two BOFs for scheduling at IETF
109, pending further refinements to the BOF proposals: MADINAS and APN."

As of a few days ago, the IETF-109 agenda [3] showed both MADINAS and APN
scheduled to meet, but checking back today I see that APN has disappeared.
Is that just a snafu?

I checked on the MADINAS and APN mailing list archives and I can't find
anything to explain the status. The last message on the APN list is from the
Secretariat saying a meeting has been scheduled [6], while the MADINAS BoF
description points at the INT area list which also has no recent discussion
about MADINAS after the Secretariat's post saying a meeting has been
scheduled [7].

Could you please clarify the status of these two BoFs.

Thanks,
Adrian

[1] https://www6.ietf.org/iesg/minutes/2020/bof-minutes-ietf-109.txt
[2] https://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/
[4] https://www.ietf.org/
[5] https://www.ietf.org/blog/ietf109-bofs/
[6] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/eJHI1xlbxC9OGNvU_TwzWSBCx2g/
[7]
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/int-area/3vhWU7xjxCJAogFeS1kQEzb-beU/

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:06:44 +0000

Adrian,

Thank you for your kind reminder: the IESG had an informal telechat yesterday and has approved the MADINAS non WG-forming BoF but I still have to send some more formal announcement.

For MADINAS, we are still in search for a 2nd chair and for 2 presentations/participants from main OS vendors but the BoF will go.

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Organization: Old Dog Consulting
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 30 October 2020 at 15:06
To: 'The IESG' <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: BoFs at IETF-109

    Hi,

    Thanks,
    Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:24:59 -0000

Good to hear. Thanks Éric.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 30 October 2020 15:07
To: [email-masked]; 'The IESG' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: BoFs at IETF-109

Adrian,