Subject: Quantum computing practically impossible

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 21:28:51 +0900

Let me initiate some *technical* discussion on practical impossibility
of quantum computing, here, because there is no WG in IETF for it.

QIRG is in IRTF and is chartered for, not against, quantum things.

As is discussed in:

	https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ohta-qec-inapplicable-00

though quantum error correction by Shor assumes that, if an entangled
state is composed as superposition of (exponentially) many unentangled
terms, all the terms are *IDENTICALLY* disturbed by noise retaining
their relative coherence, which is obviously impossible. They are  
actually disturbed *DIFFERENTLY*, correction of which is, obviously,  
impossible with constant (not exponentially many, at all) number of  
extra qubits.

As a result, quantum computing, relying on entangled states
with (exponentially) many unentangled terms, with practical
size is impossible and PKI is safe against quantum computers.

The draft is 5 pages long and requires mere elementary understanding
on entanglement.

							Masataka Ohta