TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers

Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers

Stanley Cline (sc1-news@roamer1.org)
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:44:34 -0500

On 1 Jan 2005 22:23:34 -0000, John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:

> Except that's not true, either. My Cingular contract has a $240 fee
> prorated over the 24 months of the contract. If I were to cancel
> six months from the end, I'd owe them $60.

Cingular has the same policy here in Atlanta. AFAIK, Cingular a) is
the only carrier of any significance that does this and b) doesn't do
it in all markets.

Stanley Cline // Telco Boi // sc1 at roamer1 dot org // www.roamer1.org

"it seems like all you ever buy is Abercrombie and cell phones" --a friend

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:07:37 -0500, Marcus Didius Falco
<falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Orange had no trouble at all. In Washington, if you're not on Verizon,
> when you're in the Metro you're roaming. Sprint is the only other CDMA

It's the total reverse here in Atlanta -- on the main underground part
of the MARTA rail system, there is T-Mobile GSM and Cingular AMPS and
TDMA (but no GSM -- AIUI, MARTA has a moratorium on installation of
wireless gear in the stations, a direct result of Nextel interfering
with public safety radio, that has prevented Cingular from upgrading
their old sites to GSM), but no CDMA service and (needless to say) no
iDEN service.

Stanley Cline // Telco Boi // sc1 at roamer1 dot org // www.roamer1.org
"it seems like all you ever buy is Abercrombie and cell phones" --a friend

Go to Next message: Stanley Cline: "Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Provider"
May be in reply to: LB@notmine.com: "Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page