TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Flat Rate Water, was: Verizon Complaints About EVDO

Re: Flat Rate Water, was: Verizon Complaints About EVDO

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
13 Sep 2005 04:23:40 -0000

> As a bit of a side trivia, NYC customers actually pay roughly
> _twice_ the metered rate since there's a corresponding sewer
> fee. There's a small group of homeowners who have their own septic
> tanks and are exempt from that -- if they know to apply ...

Septic tanks in NYC? Yuck, unless perhaps they're in the nether parts
of Staten Island.

Actually, I'm surprised that they're exempt from the sewer fee.
Around here upstate, any property close enough to a sewer line to hook
up pays the sewer fee whether they hook up or not, on the theory that
there's a public benefit to getting everyone's poo out of the
groundwater.

We don't have any people with wells and sewer service, but some of the
other villages nearby do, and they have meters on their own wells to
compute their sewer rate.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Flat Rate Water, was: Verizon Complaints About EVDO"
Go to Previous message: jared: "Re: Flat Rate Water"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Flat Rate Water, was: Verizon Complaints About EVDO"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page