The Cypherpunks Home Page
CYPHERPUNKS WWW PAGES UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE
EXCUSE THE MESS
Welcome to the cypherpunks archive at soda.berkeley.edu. Here
you can find links to PGP, remailers, rants, various crypto-tools,
newspaper clippings, and a good deal of other things.
Keep in mind that because soda isn't running httpd files are being
accessed by anonymous ftp. Soda has a 10 user limit on anonymous ftp so
sometimes this archive may be unavailable.
Before you begin browsing, please read the
Files which are illegal to export will be marked NOT
FOR EXPORT. If you transfer these outside of the US + Canada you
will be in violation of ITAR. Using this archive is consent to
abide by these regulations.
Here are a few matters of upload ettiquette for the ftp site.
Upload stuff for cypherpunks to /pub/cypherpunks/incoming and not
to the general /pub/incoming directory. I am more able to adequately
handle files there. (I can't erase in the other directory.)
Whenever you upload something, also upload a short description of
what it is you are uploading. I've had mystery files there in the past
that have been neglected for long periods, since I don't know what they
are and I've got plenty of other stuff to do with the archive.
mail telling me what you've put up. If you don't tell me, I may not
Don't bother uploading programs that don't have source code. The
mission of the archive site is education. Software distribution is
not a purpose, and software without source does not satisfy the
- Pretty Good Privacy Public Key Encryption + Digital Signatures
- The Cypherpunks Anonymous RemailerNet
- Various Rants on Cypherpunks and Crypto-Anarchy
- Papers about cryptography of interest to cypherpunks
- Newspaper clippings, press releases, and statements about the Clipper
- Pointers to sites all over the internet of interest to cypherpunks and related to cypherpunk ideas and projects, including other cypherpunk information servers.
- FTP away
- Access all of the archive, including the stuff not yet put on the WWW
- The Mailing List
- How to join the cypherpunks mailing list.
A caveat: when it says high-volume, we mean high-volume. You probably
don't want to belong to this list if you pay per-message.
Also available is information about regional lists
The Cypherpunks WWW - Sameer <firstname.lastname@example.org>