TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP and Telnet

Re: VOIP and Telnet

andy janssen (andyNEWSjanssen@shaw.ca)
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:23:51 GMT

rshlain@hotmail.com wrote:

> It is possible to have VOIP and be able to connect to machines that
> have modems and use telnet?

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If I understand it correctly, VOIP --
> or at least Vonage -- can do everything a telephone can do. PAT]

I can't answer this, but I think I understand the question better ...
Can you use a standard Telco modem over VoIP? What kind of speeds
could you expect? 56k? SLower due to the inherant digital -> analog ->
digital -> analog -> digital conversions? computer -> tel modem ->
VoIP -> tel modem -> computer

>> Hey!
>> NEWS dosn't belong in email!

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"
Go to Previous message: Fritz Whittington: "Re: Last Laugh! Our Weekend Auto Trip"
May be in reply to: rshlain@hotmail.com: "VOIP and Telnet"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page