Subject: Requesting virtual guides for IETF-108

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:01:31 -0700

Hi good folk,

As most know, at all the recent physical meetings we've ran the IETF
guides program to help introduce new participants to the IETF, the
conference and our culture.  The guides program was not run during the
virtual IETF-107, but we are hoping to run it for IETF-108 if there are
enough guides that are willing to connect with new participants at a
distance.  We'll leave up to the guides and participants about how to
best communicate (video?  audio? email? jabber? ...).

To determine the feasibility of running the program, we'd love to hear
from you if you're willing to participate as a guide for IETF-108:

1) if you're in a hurry, at least respond to me over email saying "yes"
   (and do step 2 later)

2) better yet, fill out your guides registration:

   https://guides.ietf.org/guides/become_guide

   If you already have an account with information, you should simply
   need to change the arrival date (just set it to 26 July).

Thank you,
Barbara Stark, Paul Wouters and Wes Hardaker
IETF Guides Leads